Tips for Parents
Make the library part of your lives. Check for special programs and activites including story hours.
GREAT SITES FOR KIDS IN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
Please note that these links are to sites located elsewhere on the Internet. The
Stratford Road School PTA cannot be responsible for their content. As of February 2004
all of the sites listed are active and appear to have proper privacy statements that
specifically address children's privacy rights. Should you find anything to the
contrary, please write the email@example.com
and tell us what you found and where we can find it.
- American Folklore: This folklore site contains retellings of American folktales, Native American myths and legends, tall tales, weather folklore and ghost stories from each and every one of the 50 United States. You can read about all sorts of famous characters like Paul Bunyan, Pecos Bill, Jesse James, Davy Crockett, Daniel Boone, and many more.
- America's Library: America's Story, presented by the U.S. Library of Congress.
- Scholastic: Resources and materials for kids, teachers, and parents.
- Kid Chef: Where kids rule the kitchen.
- Look Learn and Do:
A site where kids can read great books, learn interesting history and facts, and build fun projects with easy to follow, illustrated plans.
- MysteryNet's Kids Mysteries:
Mysteries to solve, scary stories, magic tricks, and contests.
New mystery every week.
- Book Adventure
Book Adventure is a FREE, reading incentive program dedicated to encouraging kids in grades K-8 to read. With the help of Rex Reader and Bailey Bookmark, kids have more than 4,000 of the most popular and acclaimed titles from which to choose. Book Adventure was created by the Sylvan Learning Foundation and is a non-profit organization.
- Kid's Place: Fun stuff, brain teasers,
book reviews for kids and more.
- World of Reading
is designed to be an educational, challenging, and safe web site. Its purpose is to excite children about reading, writing, and publishing; while increasing their knowledge of the internet. Its goal is to provide children of all ages with interesting materials to explore, and to encourage active participation in reading and writing through the use of electronic communications.
- DiscoveryKids.Com: Great information and
resources for kids from the Discovery Channel.
- DiscoverySchool.Com: Resource site for
kids, parents, and teachers.
- Smokey the Bear:
Join Smokey for some forest and campfire fun. And, along the way, discover Smokey's rules for forest fire safety and prevention so that you can become a member of Smokey's team!
- NASA Kids:
A great site for kids by the folk who've been there, done that.
Fun activities and books for kids. Online children's book store that offers fun
and creative activities to download. Reviews of children's books too.
- Family Friendly Site 4 Kids: A
fun place for kids to be on the internet.
Return to Current PARP Home Page